Dajha in 3 words: Empathic, Skilled, Attentive
"The good life is a process, not a state of being. It is a direction, not a destination" - Carl Rogers
Dajha Scott, LPC, is a licensed professional counselor in the state of Connecticut. She received her masters in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from The University of Saint Joseph. Dajha is dedicated to educating, empowering and supporting children, adolescents, and adults at all different stages of life. One of Dajha’s primary goals is to foster real, sustainable change that will produce a lasting and positive impact in the lives of her clients.
My therapeutic approach is one of collaboration, connection, trust, & respect. As a team, we’ll address and overcome the barriers blocking you from living the life you deserve. The goal is not just to survive, but to thrive within your narrative! I believe in incorporating mindfulness practice into our therapeutic work to strengthen your ability to remain present and mindful throughout your journey, both in therapy and beyond. Therapy really happens outside of the therapy room- it is an everyday, every hour practice and I can help you get there. In addition, I specialize in cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT).
In our work together, I will never insist I know the best way, but rather walk beside you, providing support & care while you discover your own true path to fulfillment.
- Individual counseling for children, adolescents, adults, and families.
- Parenting, relationship and family problems, divorce, or blended families.
- Anxiety, Depression, Behavioral Disorders, ADHD, Autism.
- Communication Issues and Life Stage adjustment issues.
- Issues regarding sexuality and gender
- Stress, panic, obsessive compulsive disorder, and phobias
- Employment related stress or burnou