Sheryll in 3 words: Compassionate, Relatable, and Creative
Sheryll Waring is a Licensed Professional Counselor in the State of Connecticut. She has a passion for helping people learn how to heal themselves. She uses metaphors, humor, and behavior changes with her patients often. Her work consists of hands-on techniques that decrease or eliminate symptoms. Some areas of interest include decreasing upsetting memories and focusing on current life goals, understanding past patterns in relationships, and loving ourselves.
- Individual counseling for adults, adolescents, and children
- Behavioral consults based on Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) for children and adults
- Trauma and memory reconciliation
- Depression, Anxiety, Mood disorders, ADHD for both adults and children, and other internal struggles
- Life transition, loss of employment, pets, relationships, partners, housing
- Parenting children with special needs/disabilities
Sheryll has worked in a variety of behavioral health settings including outpatient and residential with a focus on both Cognitive Behavioral theories, Dialectical and Behavioral Therapies. Sheryll is trained in Behavior Support Plans, Functional Behavioral Analysis, Trauma Informed Therapy, Applied Behavioral Analysis, FLASH Therapy and Cognitive Affective Therapy.
- Masters in Counseling from Saint Joseph University
- Advanced Trauma Training with Ricky Greenwald
- Behavioral Analysis training from University of Massachusetts
I just keep thinking how lucky I was to have chosen Sheryll out of the long list of therapists.
While at a soccer game in town, a parent pulled me aside and said, Sheryll, thank you so much for your help with my friend, I know she sees you and she is doing so much better!
Sheryll really helped me get through the hardest part of my life giving me support and skills.
I have seen so many therapist but Sheryll was the only one that gave real skills that worked.
Wow, you really know your stuff! You really got to the core issue and helped we work through it.
I highly recommended Sheryll to my best friend.