Tracy in 3 words: Passionate, Perceptive, and Positive
“Everything in life is either an opportunity to grow or an obstacle to keep you from growing. You get to choose.” —Dr. Wayne W Dyer
Tracy S. Morales is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the state of CT certified in Maternal Mental Health through Postpartum Support International. Tracy believes in the potential for positivity, strength, and personal growth in all individuals. From your first meeting with her, Tracy uses her professional, yet open style to create a welcoming and safe environment. She is invigorated, inspired, and honored to be a part of the change process as her clients’ full potential unfolds.
Tracy utilizes a blend of psychodynamic analysis to help clients understand the causes behind the problem as well as solution focused and practical skills building in order to make changes in the present. Tracy is passionate about helping clients to identify their core values and motivation for change so they may live a life in line with their authentic integrity.
- Biopsychosocial evaluations, counseling, and psychotherapy services for adults, adolescents, and elders.
- Geriatric Assessments, including screening for cognitive disorders and dementias, as well as caregiver support and psychoeducation.
- Mental health assessments, psychoeducation, individual and family therapy for expecting and postpartum women (Postpartum Support International).
- Female self-empowerment, support, and skills building groups for adolescents and tweens.
- Expertise in treating mood and anxiety disorders as well as individual, interpersonal relationships, and family systems problems.
- Skills building using training in Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (PESI).
- Culturally sensitive treatment modalities.
Master’s Degree in Clinical Social Work from Southern Connecticut State University – 2008; research and special interest in attachment theory and the effects of early attachment on later life mental health.
B.A. in sociology and family studies from UCONN – 2005
Work in the human services field since 2004, in diverse settings including a residential treatment facility for traumatized children, outpatient medical office using expertise in psychiatric medication, and municipal support services for adolescents.
Tracy REALLY listens. She is non judgmental but will also tell me what I need to hear, even if it is difficult. She helped me see where I needed to make changes and supports me every step of the way. She has taught me ways to make changes in my life that I once thought were impossible. I cannot thank her enough.
From my very first visit Tracy has made me feel comfortable, open and understood. She's taught me so much and most importantly the value therapy can have on personal growth. I value her services more than I can explain and I appreciate all she has opened me up to.