Heather in 3 words: compassionate, motivating, and goal-focused.
Heather Erskine, LPC, NCC is a Licensed Professional Therapist, Nationally Certified Counselor, and a Certified Therapist in Accelerated Resolution Therapy. She is a Certified Clinical Trauma Professional. She drives her clients to become their best selves through targeted, goal-directed treatment. She received a Master’s degree in Professional Counseling from Georgia State University. She has worked in the mental health field since 1997 in multiple settings including inpatient, outpatient, partial hospitalization, home-based, and substance abuse.
Heather is a dynamic and engaging therapist who quickly joins with her clients in order to guide them to success in health, happiness, and healing. She is non-judgmental and caring to her clients as she identifies this as the key to healing and transformation. Her approach is holistic, custom tailored, and strength-based understanding that each client has both strengths and weaknesses and each client requires a customized personalized plan. She offers her clients hope, support, and evidence-based strategies to help them achieve the goals they desire.
- Biopsychosocial assessments
- Individual counseling for children, adolescents, adults, and families for a variety of mental health difficulties including: trauma, stress, anxiety, depression, mood disorders, improving communication, substance abuse, and strengthening family relationships.
- Group sessions
- Accelerated Resolution Therapy
- An eye movement therapy that offers relief from a problem in often 1 or 2 sessions similar but Faster treatment than EMDR.
- Excellent, researched treatment for trauma, anxiety, depression, negative experiences, fears, PTSD, and peak performance in sports/life. Utilized in the US Military Forces.
I have referred friends and co-workers to you. You're my person, just don't give them my time slot!
You are the first person that taught me a coping strategy.
Thank you for listening and helping me through a difficult time.
It helps talking to a therapist.
I liked having you to talk to.
I told my friend that you are a good person to talk to and to give it a try.